Clinton won two of three doubles matches and came from behind to beat Kennedy, 5-4, Saturday morning in a Class 2A substate team tennis semifinal at Jefferson.
Clintoon advanced to play Linn-Mar later Saturday for the right to advance to the state tournament.
The meet was tied, 3-3, after singles. Riley Galbraith, Arjun Venkatesh and Jimmy Cunningham won matches for Kennedy.
Galbraith and Quinn Jamrock won at No. 2 doubles, but Cougars Mitch Martin and Venkatesh were blanked at No. 1 doubles, and Trevor Oates and Cunningham lost in a three-set match at No. 3 doubles.
CLINTON 5, KENNEDY 4
1. Riley Galbraith (CRK) def. Mitch Schumacher, 6-3, 6-0
2. Ryan Schroeder (Clin) def. Mitch Martin, 6-1, 6-2
3. Arjun Venkatesh (CRK) def. Yamsi Marla, 6-3, 7-5
4. Tony Hurlburt (Clin) def. Brett Blomberg, 4-6, 7-6, 6-2
5. Cody Nolan (Clin) def. Quinn Jamrock, 6-3, 6-2
6. Jimmy Cunningham (CRK) def. Kevin Claussen, 6-4, 6-1
1. Schumacher/Schroeder (Clin) def. Martin/Venkatesh, 6-0, 6-0
2. Galbraith/Jamrock (CRK) def. Hurlburt/Nelson, 6-4, 6-4
3. Marla/Claussen (Clin) def. Trevor Oates/Cunningham, 6-4, 3-6, 6-4
|< Prev||Next >|